From the reactions sofar, I conclude that FS and FJ will become separate entities as soon as they will be listed on the U.S. Department of State's list of "Dependencies and Areas of Special Sovereignty". Both FJ and FS easily meet the 800km distance criterium from the parent (France).
FS and FJ now are part of the french département d'outre-mer of Guadeloupe (FG). Following a 2003 referendum FJ and FS will both (apart, not together) get another political status (collectivité d'outre-mer), probably in early 2007. This is the same status as other french territories like FO, FH, FW and FP. These four are all listed on the U.S. Department of State's list: http://www.state.gov/s/inr/rls/10543.htm So keep a close watch on new issues of this list !
73 Peter PB1TT.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 9:04 PM
Subject: [DX-NEWS] and another new one... (or even two...)

Surfing through Wikipedia I found the following:
" Guadeloupe currently includes Saint-Barthélemy and Saint Martin, who have voted to become separate collectivités d'outre-mer in 2003; the change will be implemented in early 2007."
This suggests that Saint-Barthélemy could become a new entity next year. maybe even the current FS could be deleted, and also Saint Martin would be a new one...
Any comments or firm dates ?
73 Peter PB1TT