>They are then spotted on 160m. I have only 18 countries on 160m since I
>live in a city area. TX0 is relatively close, only several thousand kms,
>say CY9, or CY0, or XE4 distance from the USA, or JX or JW from central
>EU, or KH0, JD1/O from JA. They are very loud calling with a general CW
>CQ. I call.

>An immediate response as soon as my call stops. CQ ... NA NA NA NA NA NA
>NA NA NA NA. He obviously hears but wants to work Ws. OK it is their
>sunrise. I listen, hear no Ws, I wait. 20 minutes later he has worked
>one or two stations. A 599 takes 10 seconds to exchange but since I am
>not in NA and am not DX I am hesitant to call. I am frustrated, if I
>call he may blacklist me. There are no other VKs or ZLs calling......

It's not only the TX0!

I had the very same experience with a 4X operator (the only time I have
ever heard 4X on 160m). He refused to work anyone but west coast even
though he heard me (a miracle in the land of miracles (:-)) but had no

I am certain the DX may have reasons for this; after all, they are the
DX but it does breed ill feelings.

It's only a hobby, but for some of us, a very serious one!

Dave, W5WP