I think Dennis has said it best.  "Have patience.  Good things come to he who
waits..."  I am remember the 5A/G3??? operation that happened when Libya was
extremely rare and before the 5A1A DXpedition.  If memory serves it was a few
years afterwards that the operation was accredited.  In this day and age of
instant gratification perhaps some of us need to have some patience.

Bernie, W3UR

Dennis McAlpine wrote:

> Given the problems over the years, I believe it would be a dangerous
> precedent to accept "verbal" permissions to operate.  If we cannot rely on
> people to even be in the country from which they claim to be operating, how
> can we expect them to remember or actually obtain real verbal permission to
> operate from the appropriate authorities?
>
> BTW, how is it decided who is the "appropriate authority"?  Shouldn't we be
> consistent?  If YT1AD was denied permission by the "appropriate authority",
> then how could that same "authority" grant permission to someone else?  At
> least, it would seem reasonable to seek a suitable answer to that question
> from the prior operators who had permission from some "appropriate
> authority."
>
> A verbal permission is worth about as much as the paper on which it isn't
> written.  Have patience.  Good things come to he who waits...
> 73,
> Dennis K2SX

Bernie McClenny, W3UR
Every thing you need to know about keeping up with the latest DX news at
http://www.dailydx.com

Editor of - The Daily DX
          - The Weekly DX
          - How's DX