I just would like to ask, where was the fix released?  In 2016 on 16.04,
on my tri-monitor setup, with monitors ranging from 1440x900 to
2560x1440, I get this all the time and it's annoying beyond belief, I
just want the windows remembering where I put them, that's it.

--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of DX
Packages, which is subscribed to unity-2d in Ubuntu.

Title:
  Window auto-maximise functionality should be disabled on monitors with
  a resolution above 1024 x 600

Status in Ayatana Design:
  Fix Released
Status in Unity:
  Fix Released
Status in unity-2d:
  New
Status in unity package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in unity-2d package in Ubuntu:
  Confirmed

Bug description:
  The window auto-maximise function was specifically designed for the
  netbook use case, and works well in this context.  However it causes
  issues for users of screens with a higher resolution, and attempts to
  solve these issues by changing the auto-maximise % threshold have not
  been entirely successful.

  This bug proposes implementing a cut off resolution, constraining this
  functionality to screen resolutions equal to or below 1024 x 600