Hi Pete,
one thing I can not find in your explanation.
Did you shut down your PC or not
maybe there is a windows problem ?
and restarting can sometimes do wonders !

to play save copy all your DATA files into anothere directory also

73 Guy ON4AOI

BAND DECODER and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/banddecoder.shtml

DX4WIN soft and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dx4win.shtml

DX4WIN, WRITELOG, WF1B & RITTY CW & RTTY interfaces at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/keyer.shtml

ARSWIN link and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/web7.htm

DXTELNET soft and related stuff at
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/dxt.shtml

MY SALESPAGE with radioamateur & computer parts
http://users.skynet.be/ON4AOI/sale.shtml