A while back I reported a problem with creating new filter selection
names.  Here's the scenario:

Filter -> Selection.

Click on Add, and the top box now says "Replace this Name" -- so you start
typing in that box.

Here's the problem:

If the first letter you type matches an *existing* selection, you are now
editing *THAT* selection, and not the new one you created!

For example, I have a selection called "2000 IARU".  Say I want to add a
date selection for calendar year 2000.  I start typing "2000" in the top
box, and now all of a sudden, the dates and check boxes get filled in as if
I'm editing the "2000 IARU" selection, which I am!  If you save this
selection, you will have over-written the old one.

I found a work-around, which I don't recommend (it involves editing your
.DXL file).  Give the new selection some weird name like XYZZY -- it must
be at least one character LONGER than the name you really want.  Then save
it.  Exit DX4WIN and edit your <call>.DXL file using an editor like
Emacs.  Search for the weird name XYZZY and change it to what you want (in
the .DXL file, it said "XYZZYce this name", so I changed this to "2000Yce
this name").  In my case, since "2000" was shorter than "XYZZY", I went
back into the selection editor and carefully deleted just the last
character from "2000Y" to get "2000" clicked Update than OK.

Paul, I hope you understand this problem and can come up with a fix in the
next revision.

USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC