--- Pete Stafford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I find that when I enter a grid in lower case and tab off it, it is
> upshifted.  However, if the record is inserted or updated without moving
> off the cursor, the upshift does not occur in the stored record.

Hi Pete,

I have observed the same thing. I think DX4WIN should be changed to
automatically upper-case the first two characters of the grid square before the
QSO record is saved. I have to remember to tab, just as you do.

As another example, if I type in a county name like MIDDLESEX, DX4WIN comes
back and tells me this is Middlesex county as I would expect.

I don't remember what happens with the IOTA field, I think it converts to upper
case as you enter the reference number.  I wonder how hard the code would be to
do this for only the 1st two characters of the grid square (on entry, rather
than on QSO record save). Only Paul can answer this.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC