Thank you very much Mel.
I understand it now - it's quite simple!

Thanks for your mini-tutorial of the 14070 ssb range 14070-14073
and the meaning of the audio tone frequency.  It's quite clear now.

I'm not sure the XIT in a Yaesu Mark V is calibrated in frequency units.
So I'll just keep the Rx and Tx "netted" and set the transceiver xmit freq
higher
by the DX stations requested offset.

73,
Larry N2LA