Mel, I may not have been clear about this last night.

"Backup DX Spots" is supposed to use the backup timer to write the unsaved
spots to disk at regular intervals.  Just like it does for the open log.  I
asked for this a while back, so that a DX4WIN crash would not delete all the
spots that were only live in memory.  You would only lose any unsaved spots
since the last backup interval.

However, it seems that Paul may have broken something in the latest versions,
which cause the spots to NOT be saved to disk when you exit the program, and
"Backup DX Spots" is not enabled.

73 - Jim AD1C

--- Mel Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I must confess I am unclear on what checking the box "backup spots" is
> supposed to do... as they seem to be backed up unconditionally when I close
> DX4Win... perhaps Jim or Paul can clarify this...

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC