I agree,but this is sometimes a problem sometimes a convenience, and
at the time difficult to distinguish from a programming point of view.

For example, when you work KK3HD, and find out it is actually KK4HD,
the notes for the call, the state and county etc. will be updated when you
make the correction.

Paul