--- "Claes \"Mel\" Carneheim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have presently upgraded from DX4WIN 6.02 to 6.03. Tried to check the logg
> as you suggested and then started to use it. I found that there were
> differences between my old and new loggs. It turned out to be an effect of
> that DX4WIN allocates stations ending with /J to be Japanese. This is in
> fact a very common way for scout stations during the jamboree on the air to
> show that they are scout stations. Some Swedish scout stations did during
> JOTA 1994 (Oct. 15-16) use /Z. Both the /J and /Z turns up as prefixes J0
> and Z0 and their actual prefixes will not be counted.

Mel, send me the callsigns and I'll add them to the country file.

73 - Jim AD1C

=====
USA +978-251-9933, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.com
PGP Fingerprint: D8E2 3D78 339F A7F1 8C13  1193 B5D1 4FB6 79D1 70DC
From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thu Nov  4 23:31:18 2004
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (john paul)
Date: Thu Nov  4 23:35:46 2004
Subject: [Dx4win] Printer Problem

Well Gang,
I got so tired of having problems with my HP LazerJet 5L
printer that I unhooked it and got another printer.  I put
a 712C Desk Jet on there and now it works fine.

I have printed reports and QSL labels without any
problems all day.  I just finished up four pages of logs for
the CQWW contest and 5 pages of the other QRP contests
log sheets and I did not have the first problem.

I had several people say to go to HP on the web and download
new drivers.  I tried that, and even after I did that, I started
having problems.

With the new printer on line I now have color and have not
had the first problem.

Thanks to all who offered help.  I put the Laser Printer on
my wife's computer and she is happy with it as a second
printer.  It uses the large toner cartridge and she will take
forever to use that one up.

72's / 73's
de JP/AB4PP