From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Mon Sep  6 17:26:48 2004
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (J. F. Samuels)
Date: Mon Sep  6 17:31:13 2004
Subject: [Dx4win] QSO Window

These boxes are part of the most powerful aspect of DX4WIN.  When you
"submit" for an award (for example, Reports | DXCC | Submission), each QSO
that is selected for that award will get its Submitted box automatically
set.  When a confirmation from the award manager comes in, you can manually
change Submitted to Checked, or use Reports | Change Award Flags to change
them all at once.  While there are Submitted flags on, you will see them in
the listings and summaries.

A group number, 001 is the default, is set for each QSO.  You have the
ability to create other named groups (the numbers increment) for you own
tracking purposes.  For example, if I go into the CQ WW RTTY 2004 context, I
will create a new group for that and make it active.  Each QSO I log will
contain that group number until I turn it off, or the dates I've specified
for that contest expire.  Later, if I wish, perhaps, to export just those
QSOs, I can use the group number to select them.  Other folks use other
calls while traveling to other countries and use a group number to keep
them, "separate."

The Valid QSO box can be set if the DXCC committee decides that the station
you QSOed is not a valid one for that country.  Perhaps he was a pirate or
did not obtain his license from the correct authority, for example.  This
box checked will cause your QSO to be ignored for awards.

I haven't looked recently, but all of this information should be in the help
files.

John, K2CIB