Couldn't tell by me, Alan. Band and Modes don't change with spots on Ver
5.02 which is the last version that works for me. Besides all my logging is
done in real time. I would imagine if you wanted to do logging "off line",
to prevent the band/mode changing with each incoming spot, which doesn't
make a lot of sense to me at all, never the less, you can stop the incoming
spots by the "toggle holding" option or simply disconnecting from the DX
packetcluster node.
I don't know why this was addressed to me as it does not answer anything
about the question/s about Ver.7 that concern me. I could live with the
spots changing the band and mode, even though I find it to be an added and
unnecessary distraction, but other problems with Ver 5.03 and all the Ver
6.xx versions I can't live with, despite some nice refinements. Thus my
questions that have so far gone unanswered. I've been waiting years now
since Ver 5.02 was released to see the capabilities this version had as
explained in my recent post (below) reintroduced. Maybe nobody else works
both CW and PSK? In Ver. 6 it encompassed a real pain to change between
these
modes, as I frequently do here. It took many steps in preferences to make
that
happen, as I explained in my post, so Ver. 6 was totally useless to me and I
fortunately saved my Ver. 5.02 log and all and used Ver. 6 for only two
days,
which allowed me to copy and transfer all the QSO's from those two days back
into Ver 5.02, which I've continued to use and wait patiently for over 2
years now!
After all my references to this situation, is this finally fixed in Ver. 7
????
Can one program a COM Port for CW Keying in addition to another COM port for
PSK PTT and not have to go into Preferences | Control and keep continually
switching the two parameters of the CW keying section whenever switching
modes
between CW (keying) and PSK (PTT)?? I recall in those two days many times
sending with my keyer and paddle and not keying the rig as I last worked a
PSK QSO and
changed the parameters as was required. My question is simply  "Is my wait
finally over in Ver. 7 or has my long wait and patience just been a futile
exercise" ?
I would think that it can't be that difficult to go back and reinstate
something in the progarmming that once worked so flawlessly in this respect.
Has it happened yet???
-=Rog-K9RB=-