I'm trying to import my N1MM log into DX4WIN 6.03, and am having problems
understanding how DX4WIN decides which ADIF fields to import and where to
put them.  For example, when I import an unmodified ADIF log, the import
goes fine, but for every contest QSO the frequency to several decimal
places (FREQ, in ADIF) plus the transmitted serial number (STX, in ADIF)
are both put into the Notes for QSO field.

What I would like to import into this field, in most cases, is the name of
the contest (CONTEST_ID).  I couldn't care less about the frequency or the
STX (which in many cases, at least with MM, is not an actual contest
exchange serial number, but a mythical creature, in contests that don't
require one).

I tried using a word processor to replace CONTEST_ID with STX, and that
worked, so far as importing the contest name, but it wound up labeled with
"SerNr=" in every QSO record.

I have rummaged through the import file editor, as well as the help, and
have not been able to find anywhere that explains which ADIF tag is mapped
to which location in DX4WIN's record structure, or the extent to which the
mapping can be changed.  Can anyone enlighten me?

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated 12 January 2005
2868 contest stations at