Scott,

A better solution to putting the contest name in the notes is to import
the contest log into it's own group, the group name will show up in your
log window and you can use the same group year after year if you want to
look at one year just make a selection using a date filter.

If you really must put the name in the notes then just use the find and
replace function in a text editor on the adif file.  You already have a
comment in the adif you don't want for the frequency so do something
like this.  Find <comment:7> (the one for the frequency coment) and
replace with <comment:12>CQWW Contest.  Get the idea, you fix two things
in one hit note the <comment:7> should match the comment for the
frequency entry you said you had in your adif file, I'm just guessing
here what it might be.  You may have to do this a few times if you
changed bands that caused the frequency to be longer or shorter as the
number in the <comment:7> will match the length of the data.  This is to
your advantage as the old frequency data will be ignored as long as you
make sure the replacement <comment:12> number matches exactly the new
message you want which is entered immediately after the <comment:12>.

Hope this makes sense, it is always hard to know how much someone
understands already when sending these messages.

All of this should take about 5 minutes, no need for Paul or anyone to
write programs.  The problem with people writing these converters is
things change, an example is I live outside USA and often the data in my
log is different to what USA participants have so a nice little
converter program someone has lovingly crafted is junk for me.  So the
text editor is often a superior way of doing it.

73 John ZL1BYZ.