On 2/19/2008 6:19 AM, W5LT wrote:

> Well, a power failure is only one cause of lost QSO's.
> As I learned a few weeks ago, Bill Gates' infernal device will do it too,
> when it downloads a 'patch' and reboots twice during the night, over writing
> the temporary file that holds your 'automatically saved' Q's that you forgot
> to actually (Alt-S) save.

One of the first things my application note says is NEVER walk away from
  the computer if the backup timer is red.  SAVE YOUR LOG!

Jim Reisert AD1C/?, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us
From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Tue Feb 19 10:11:13 2008
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Kjell W. Strom)
Date: Tue Feb 19 10:16:27 2008
Subject: [Dx4win] Re: Lost QSO's

For double safety in XP Pro, go to Control Panel > Performance
and Maintenance > System and set Automatic Updates to "Notify me
but don't automatically download or install".
73 de Kjell, PB3SM - SM6CPI

Reisert AD1C