--- Jim Reisert AD1C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/18/2008 9:36 PM, wo2n wrote:
>
> > Will that UPS shut down your computer for you, if your not there, and
> > the battery is getting weak?
>
> They usually contain software that you install to do that.

Windows XP recognzies some manufacturers' UPS.   Go to Control Pane -> Power
Settings and see if there is a UPS tab.  I'm not sure if it will shut down
Windows, or just report on the status of the UPS.

Jim Reisert AD1C/?, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us
--- Jim Reisert AD1C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 2/18/2008 9:36 PM, wo2n wrote:
>
> > Will that UPS shut down your computer for you, if your not there, and
> > the battery is getting weak?
>
> They usually contain software that you install to do that.

Windows XP recognizes some manufacturers' UPS.   Go to Control Pane -> Power