Hi Bob,

There is a path you must follow each time to make this work:

- Reports -> DXCC Submission

- Print out the list, find the cards, mail to ARRL

- When cards are returned, Reports -> Change Award Flags.
  Make sure all the cards that you submitted were approved.
  If not, you'll have to "undo" the "checked" award flag(s)
  for those QSOs.

The next time you go through this sequence, DX4WIN will ignore QSOs marked as
"checked" when preparing the next submission.

Now what DXCC Award(s) are you applying for?  You must set your preferences,
DXCC tab, to select only the award(s) you care about.  First you must select
Mixed, Band, Mode (bottom right).  If you are submitting for Band credits, then
select the bands in the middle column for only those bands you care about
submitting.

There is one small problem, ARRL *will* give you credit for DXCC bands and
modes even if you didn't submit for (or care about) those awards.  For example,
you only have a Mixed DXCC award, and submit a card for TX5C (Clipperton) on 40
meter CW for all-time mixed credit.  ARRL will also give you 40 meter and CW
credits, which DX4WIN didn't submit.  You will need to go in and manually mark
that QSO as "checked" for the "DXCC Band" and "DXCC Mode" credits.

As long as you don't save your log, you can still play around with submitting
stuff, if you don't like the results, close your log (don't save it) and
re-open it.

I hope this answers your question.

73 - Jim AD1C

--
Jim Reisert AD1C/?, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us
--- Jim Reisert AD1C <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There is one small problem, ARRL *will* give you credit for DXCC bands and
> modes even if you didn't submit for (or care about) those awards.  For
> example, you only have a Mixed DXCC award, and submit a card for TX5C
> (Clipperton) on 40 meter CW for all-time mixed credit.  ARRL will also
> give you 40 meter and CW credits, which DX4WIN didn't submit.  You will
> need to go in and manually mark that QSO as "checked" for the "DXCC Band"
> and "DXCC Mode" credits.

You do not HAVE to do this.  However, if in the future you decide that you want
to submit for a 40 meter or CW DXCC award, DX4WIN will not know that the ARRL
has already seen this card for those credits.

Jim Reisert AD1C/?, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, http://www.ad1c.us