Check again... you should see this order: CW, SSB, RTTY, ASCI, ATV, and
so on.

I still think inactive modes should not appear at all... generally D4W
is very good at data entry in off-line mode without using the mouse if
you set up the "disable fields" which just disables tabs to that field
... but if I enter an SSB contact followed by a CW
contact I have to hit the C twice when Mode has the focus to step
through Clover. Not a big deal... just untidy...

Terry wrote:
> I'm not seeing this behavior.  I only have CW, SSB & RTTY enabled and
> yet the mode field in the QSO window still shows everything in
> alphabetical order.  Up-arrow or down-arrow makes no difference.
>
> 73 de Terry KK6T
>
> Jim Reisert AD1C wrote:
>> You can work around it, if you use the UP arrow to change the mode.  The
>> modes that you have enabled in the program are in the list FIRST,
>> followed by the disabled modes.  I realize it's not an ideal solution.
>>
>> I can see the downside to what you're suggesting, however.  Say you try
>> to log a QSO on a non-enabled band or mode.  Now you can't log it
>> without changing your preferences.  I can see how it's easy to lose such
>> a QSO in the panic of battle.  Or you can log it with the wrong band or
>> mode, change your prefs, then change the QSO, something else that's easy
>> to forget to do.
>>
>> 73 - Jim AD1C
>>
>> On 3/18/2009 7:48 PM, J.F. Samuels wrote:
>>

>>> I might as well get on the band-wagon.  Someone pointed out that it should
>>> not be so difficult to provide the mode for a contact.  I do a lot of mobile
>>> work and log on a voice recorder, which I manually log into DXW every few
>>> days.  I REALLY would like to be able to use a "C" for CW, "P" for PSK31,
>>> "R" for RTTY and "S" for SSB and not have to sort through a myriad of other
>>> modes, used from my home station from time-to-time.
>>>
>>> I have the same problem for band, but am not sure how it could be
>>> implemented.  It would help if I could roll the mouse wheel to select the
>>> correct operating band.
>>>
>>> Thanks for the continued support, Paul and gang!
>>>
>>> John, K2CIB

Mel, VE2DC