On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 3:12 PM, Dusty Chapman <k...@verizon.net> wrote:
>     I just downloaded 8.03 to replace 7.07.  I am having a small problem.
> When trying to use the CW keyboard, hitting any key or macro, keys the rig
> with a solid carrier/tone.  The only way to turn it off is to shut down my
> K3 or go into the CW menu, hit Settings, then Tune, then Off.   Needless to
> say I didn't have that problem with 7.07.  "All" settings are the same.  The
> only thing I did differently was to put 8.03 into C:\Amateur Radio\dx4w803
> instead of C:\dx4w803.   Before 7.07, all my DX4WIN versions were in the
> Amateur Radio\ folder, but directions said to put 7.07 in C:\.  I am sure
> there was a reason for this.  I have loaded 8.03 into C:\ and also it is
> still in C:\ Amateur Radio\dx4w803.  Can I just copy all the files from C:\
> Amateur Radio\dx4w803 into C:\dx4w803 or must I import all the stuff into it
> from 7.07?

I don't know what's going on with the CW keyboard, but as far as your
second question is concerned: you can leave 8.03 in the folder you're
using. The reason 8.0 recommends C:\dx4w803 is to avoid the folder
protections implemented by Vista and Windows 7.

>     I also attempted to start LPT Driver so that when I use my Top Ten
> Devices, that it will work.  I right clicked on the file and then hit enter
> but I don't think it did anything.  When I rebooted, a message came up
> telling me to use that LPT file.  I said okay and it disappeared.  God knows
> if I have it working.  Anybody know how I can tell if it is indeed working?
>
>     I did not get the error code upon starting the program(still using XP
> Prof), so did not try that Microsoft DLL thing.  I assume that I don't have
> to worry about that.  Not being a good computer operator, the instructions
> from Paul on that DLL thing about sending it to the browser etc. made no
> sense to me at all.  Any help on these items will be very much appreciated.

If dx4win is starting up, then you don't need the additional install.
It won't start at all unless you've got the right software already
installed on your PC.
73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA