I think the text below may help people to assign a group.

For 2010 statistics only:

1. Insert a group name in FILTER | EDIT GROUP NAMES

- Press ADD. The number 000 will show up in the upper window, type in
narrow window just below: ALL QSOs then press CHANGE.

- Press ADD again. The 001 ALL QSOs will appear in upper window. In the
narrow window overwrite ALL QSOs typing 2010 QSOs then press change.
- Press OK to complete this phase.

2. Select FILTER | SELECTION

- Press ADD

- In CURRENT SELECTION window click REPLACE THIS NAME;

- In GROUP NAME window double click the 2010 QSOs, a small X will appear
it will look like this:
   000 ALL QSOs
x 001 QSOs em 2001

- In CURRENT SELECTION window change REPLACE THIS NAME to 2010 QSOs

- In DATE FILTER window fill in FIRST DATE: 01/01/2010

- In ENABLE FILTERS windows select the DATE FILTER option

- Press UPDATE then OK.

The log now ill only present the statistics regarding to the year of
2010. To have the complete log back, just go to FILTER | SELECTION |
CURRENT SELECTION and double click ALL QSOs.

In case you need statistics for a specif date range just repeat the
entire process filling the FIRST DATE and LAST DATE.

The GROUP 000 is the default group so every time that the DX4WIN starts
the complete log is selected.

73 DX de PY2YP - Cesar