I recently purchased a West Mountain Radio RigTalk USB to C-IV interface.
This unit was bought to replace (or backup) my Radio Shack "scanner"
interface which has been controlling my Icom IC756ProIII with good (fast
response) for several years, via DX4WIN.

After installing the RigTalk (on a new com port) per the WMR directions, the
unit will control the radio but with VERY slow response.  The WMR driver
shows up in Device Manager/Ports. It takes 3 to 4 seconds for the Icom to
respond to a frequency change using the tuning dial or a band change.  I
have turned the Band Map on and off with no improvement.  Conversely, the
Radio Shack interface shows almost instantaneous response when installed.

A call to WMR yielded two suggestions: Try assigning yet another, different
comport. Try a different logging program 8(...
Neither suggestion eliminated the RigTalk delay problem.

Conditions:
DX4WIN 8.04
IC756ProIII
Icom PW-1 amplifier (daisy chained with IC ProIII C-IV)
Both radio and comport set to 9600 baud
CW keying done by LPT port
Pentium 1.3 GHz computer
USB 2.0 ports
Windows XP home with SP 3
USB Printer
USB Mouse

Any experience/suggestions would be greatly appreciated here or direct to
w...@charter.net.

Thanks and good DX!
Bill,  W8NN