On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 7:55 PM, Mel <ve...@videotron.ca> wrote:

> You can't fix the problem in the rig file, you have to turn of CI-V
> transceive in the radio's interface. DX4Win polls... that's the way it's
> written.

I've done some research on this and think I understand the problem.
The PW-1 requires CI-V transcieve to be turned on.  It should be able to
detect the DX4WIN polling and do the right thing, but George may be trying
to follow the documentation.

If you turn off transcieve, the amp will follow the rig only when DX4WIN is
polling. That may be OK, but it's an additional hassle. When you turn off
the rig, DX4WIN will time it out and stop polling. That means that your amp
won't tune properly until you start up DX4WIN. Bad combination.
73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA