Jim, AD1C, solved this for me - the log must be in real-time mode (hit
F9.)  Bandmap works fine now.

Paul  W2LE

After many years of using DX4WIN I decided to connect it to my radios.
Running 8.05, radio is a K3, baud rate 38400 on a real Com1.  This works
fine with Writelog and Win-test.

I open the band map, follow radio is checked.  It initially opens on
some other band than the radio is set for.  If I click on a call in the
bandmap the radio goes there and moving the VFO makes the red arrow
move.  But if I click on the log window and delete the QSO added when I
first clicked on the bandmap the red arrow no longer follows the VFO.
It will start working again if I click on another call in the bandmap.

If I click on add QSO real time it always picks up the correct frequency.

Is this how it should work or did I miss something in the setup?

Paul  W2LE