> Works the same way as the microHAM router software without the need
> to get the microHAM interface. Acts like a old time 'TSR' program
> that sits in the background and does its thing like a traffic cop.
> Works great!

Unfortunately VSPE works nothing like a traffic cop (or microHAM
Router); it is more like a high speed merge of two very busy highways.
Data from multiple applications is simply combined without flow control
- much like serial ports connected using a diode matrix.  With VSPE
there is no way to prevent polling or commands from one application
from colliding with those from another application and potentially
resulting in the loss of both.  This is a particular problem with
applications that send two, three or four command at a time every
250 msec or less.

VSPE can handle a limited number of well behaved applications - those
that do not poll rapidly and/or do not overlap commands.  However, the
number of applications (like DX4Win or SpectraVue/SDR-IQ) that are
well behaved are shrinking as developers continue to add more and more
control automation capability (be it simple S-meter and power level
polling to full "glass transceiver" interfaces).

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV