Less than a week ago I downloaded version 8.04 and installed the license.
Excellent service by Paul. Once I placed the order on sunday I had the key
within 2 hours!

My interface cable is the Elecraft KUSB to Serial with FTDI chipset. Downloaded
and installed the cdm driver. There are a couple of issues with it. The main
one is the radio and computer will communicate but after 30 minutes of non
activity an error message will display stating "Radio timed out. Radio
Interface has been disabled." I click on the OK Button and the Error Message
window does not close and manually cannot enter any data in the qso window or
any window while this window stays open. In order for the window to disappear
and the radio interface to work properly again the USB cable has to be
disconnected from the front computer port and reconnected. This occurs half
dozen or more times per day.

Radio Setup Parameters are:

Type         Elecraft K3
Baud         4800
Com Port   Com3
Poll Rate    300
Max tries    6
DTR           Unchecked
RTS           Unchecked

The K3 baud rate in the menu is set for 4800.

Any suggestions?

tnx
john