From: DX4WIN [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of John Shaw
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 3:38 PM
To: dx4win@mailman.qth.net
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] Re : New Computer

 Correct it is as easy as that.

73 John ZL1BYZ.

-----Original Message-----
From: DX4WIN [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net] On Behalf Of Mike
Rhodes
Sent: Saturday, 12 March 2016 12:23
To: DX4WIN

Someone please correct me if I am wrong but, I don't believe DX4Win installs
anything anywhere but its own folder. Therefore, when moving to a different
PC or HD, all you need to do is, copy the entire DX4W805 folder to the new
location, recreate your desktop shortcuts, and run.

Mike / W8DN

On 3/11/2016 1:00 PM, Radivoj Kar, F6GNZ via DX4WIN wrote:
> Brian,Congrats on your new  PC. Download dx4win and install under c:/
> ,
not under program files. Put your license key to same folde when is the
program. Copy your entire save directory content into the new save folder.
This should bring you all necessary data. Then install and run the Jim's
updater.
> 73 Radi f6gnz
>
> Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour Android
>
>    Le ven. j mars PM à 17:51, Brian Bird via
DX4WIN<dx4win@mailman.qth.net> a écrit :   I finally bit the bullet and
upgraded my old Vista machine for a new Dell Win 10 computer. Something I
should have done a few months ago... Haha... Now to re-learn Windows :(

> My question is coming from someone who is not computer savvy and is
> about
transferring my DX4WIN program to the new computer. I just want to make sure
I understand this correctly before attempting.

> Do I download a new DX4WIN program from the website onto my new
> computer,
then just transfer over the couple of data files. My log file and the
license key. Or is there another way of doing this that is more complete?
I've heard "talk" of making sure some programs go on a Win 10 computer in
certain directories to run correctly? Any comments for DW4WIN...

> Also once on the new computer, and get Jim's Updater program loaded,
> when
I update the program files, that should bring me 100% to where I need to be
to start using the program again on the new computer and using a registered
program?

> Then after I have the basic logging program running, I'll need to
> figure
out transferring LoTW to a new computer. But first thing first...