(Sorry, I think the formatting on my 1st attempt to send this confused things. Hopefully this will work better.)

I haven't seen it actually log the contact. It does pull up the last entry, but it's filled with all the info (time, date, frequency, etc) from the QSO so it's not in the "ready to log" state.

For an overkill solution, you could use AutoHotKey and script it to blank out that field (a few F9's). I use it to set up my "operating environment", which includes connecting the packet window and a few other things.