I received many personal replies which focused on the Windows Default Printer. I replied to them individually, but my replies did not go to the reflector.

Here is a summary of my replies:

Yes. I should have mentioned that I already checked the Windows default printer. Additionally, other programs on this PC work correctly, and can select and use the default printer as usual. And even if the printer I want is not the default, the program should be able to select and use it, as long as it is online. Which it is.
I choose File->Print Setup...
I see my desired printer. It appears in the drop down list and I select it. Hit OK. Now go back, choose File->Print Setup... and the undesired printer is selected. In other words, no way to select desired printer and have it stick. If I actually print, it goes to the undesired printer.

No matter which printer is the Windows default, I *should* be able to select any printer I want and use it.
 BTW I tried the demo version of 9 and it works correctly.

-Tony