Interesting problem.  Are either of you using a Static or Dynamic IP?  Also,
have you prioritized this port connection in your router?  Is there other
router activity going on in your home like WiFi cameras, IP phones and WiFi
mouse/keyboard and such?  What is the back haul distance between remote and ham
equipment

John Pritt