On Sat, Mar 31, 2018 at 9:44 AM, Ed Stratton W1ZZ wrote:

> Rick thank you for a technical response.   Since you said "The SSL
> certificate for the site was issued 3/12/2018, so that's what caused the
> issue, not some update to DX4WIN." What was / is  different from other
> updates for V9, that worked before this SSL certificate of 3/12/2018?
> Sorry for the BW, but just curious.

Hi Ed,

The updates are tangential to the problem, not the problem itself.

The DX4WIN website was issued a new security certificate on March 12
that is incompatible with Windows XP.  If you try to access the URL:

   https://www.dx4win.com/

using Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, which is the latest for Windows
XP, that access will fail.

I believe that's correct.  Rick, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I have been offered to change the default security for my websites
(*.ad1c.us) from http to https.  That will probably break some folks
which is why I have been holding off.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us