Just want to close the loop on this one. I received an off-reflector note
from Mel, SM0MPV, telling me how to perform the change I asked about in my
original note.  His solution was spot-on and much appreciated.

For the sake of anyone else who may one day be searching the archives with a
similar problem, the solution is as follows:

1.      Access FILTER --> SEARCH (F8) in the QSO window
2.      Enter the start date in the date field (you will be prompted for end
date when enter is pressed)
3.      Press ENTER
4.      In the LoTW pulldown menu (also in the QSO window) select CLEAR LoTW
CONFIRMED.

I never even knew this menu item existed. I probably read about it in the
manual at one point, but it's a case of never needing it before and doing
the same 'ol thing the same 'ol way for too long. There are undoubtedly
features on my rig and household appliances I don't know about as well - but
I still feel stupid after seeing how easy this was.

Now if I only knew what I did to mess the log up in the first place.

Larry K5RK