When I uploaded my log to ARRL LOTW and then did the download from
LOTW to DX4WIN the down loaded report showed VK5DOC was zone 29. The
root cause of this problem is that VK5DOC supplied the wrong zone info
when he opened his LOTW account. He does not show his zone on his
QRZ.COM page.

So then when I downloaded my 2021 log entries to the DX Marathon
worksheet it chose VK5DOC for my Zone 29 entry. I could have used
VK6EI, VK6XI, or VK6LW for my 2021 Zone 29 entry had I known better
This has taught me that after I download my LOTW report to DX4WIN and
search for IMPORT for errors in the notes for this call widow to
DOUBLE CHECK when a discrepancy is shown. I believe I may have
incorrectly changed my log to show VK5DOC in zone 29 when the IMPORT
alert showed it to be Zone 29. Now, to this day, even with several CTY
file updates (via the HELP>CHECK FOR UPDATE) when I type VK5DOC into
the call window (pretending a new log entry) it still shows Zone 29. I
don't know why when I have the latest CTY file it still logs as Zone
29.

We are at the mercy of what people use for their zones, grids, IOTA
number, etc, when they set up their LOTW account. I was not aware of
what VK calls fall into what zones so assumed the zone for VK5DOC
downloaded from LOTW was correct. It was not.

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ