> Hi,
> For some reason, when I reply to posts on this list, it sends them to the
> poster, instead of the list, sorry about that.
> Attached is the file I should have attached to the last post.
>
> Antti,
>
> > the NS stuff works with drop downs for NS6.1Win , for N4 and even
> NS6.0Linux
> > there is is combo box.
> > So the NS stuff works startting NS6.1 that is GOOD news :)
> Yes it is, but the NS4 code inside the menu5.js file (lots of it)
*doesn't*
> work, so instead of fixing it, they use SSI(I guess) to detect NS4, and
load
> a different page.

yes, true its a mess up. There is not enough 'browser' detect on server and
the server output is some 'semi-cross-browser'

> > based on 1..5 I decided that what we see is the MS .NET webserver
rendered
> > output for .NET framework 'Toolbar' component as it is seen in browser.
> Could be, but I would expect it to load the version for the browser you're
> using, but it doesn't, it loads a (semi) cross-browser version.
> Maybe it's an existing cross-browser menu-script with the credits
stripped?

no, i dont think so. It is coming from .NET server and looks like MS stuff
to me.

> > if you look at the way the are doing it, the 'compressor' does make
sense,
> > its about 1 to 3 compression and will increase if larger menu/toolbar,
> Really? you mean their menu-script takes up 150k???

no the script is 25K but if you 'decompress' the <DIV> tags then the
compression ratio is very big due to the fact that Styles are all embedded
fully in DIV tags, there seems to be no stylesheet/classes.

> > of course a 'object framework' would give better compression :)
> Yeah, I did miss that, lots of stuff repeated.

hm I am partiallu generating the toolbar_items from JS classes already,
palying some more....