Michael:

I noticed that you have a RR on your mail requesting a return
receipt for all mail going to the list.  Perhaps that is the problem.

I subscribe to 130 discussion lists (yes I'm a list junkie, but
getting help <g>) and I own 13 of them.  Whenever something like
this happens it's usually at the receiver's (you) ISP.  Something
gets in a loop.  One poor fellow had 3,000 in one weekend.  His
ISP got stuck on one piece of mail.

Since nobody else is reporting a problem, I would suspect it is
at your end.  Contact them.

George