> offshoresurfer wrote
> I don't see any problem with people knowing my account number per se, but I
> agree the e-gold system only offers very basic level security. To get into
> my main online bank account and send money, I need:
>
> 1) A customer login number - not the same as my account number
> 2) A permanent password
> 3) A password requested at random from a list of 25 on a card.

How does this protect you from the keyboard sniffer attack? You have to
type in your customer login number & permanent password every time and all
25 passwords will be eventually gathered.

The more important lesson here is to not open every single attachment sent
to you and to be sure that you are ONLY entering your passphrase at the
https://www.e-gold.com site; NOT the http://www.e-qold.com site. Also make
sure you have a secure, hard to guess passphrase.

Viking Coder