>Why do some otherwise ostensibly intelligent GBC  dealers trade in

>highly suspect crap like OSgold?

  They obviously don't share your taste.

>Why does everyone and their uncle, including otherwise ostensibly

>intelligent GBC dealers, continually use this list to promote almost

>everything in the universe but e-gold?

  This list is full of people who like the idea of "Gold as Money" and that is what
they will talk about.  Just a few months ago, when e-gold was on the only one, people
talked about e-gold, but that is no longer the case.  There are not various GBCs and
people will advertise the ones they like, and point out the downfalls in the others.

  Also, IMO, its hard to promote something that doesn't promote itself.  People on
this list have spent 4 years promoting e-gold, what more can we say.  "e-gold is
non-repudiable, instant payments, instant clearing, low fees, hard money, 100%
backed... woo-hoo... gooooooo e-gold" but guess what, so is GoldMoney, eBullion, and
Standard Reserve.

  If you look at the various GBCs, you'll notice that e-gold has pretty much been left
behind in the industry they started.  GoldMoney allows batchpayments, semi-bearer
payments, bailing in of metal, and advertising.  It seems like GoldMoney has been the
one listening to people on the e-gold list.  Standard Reserve has a debit card
attached to their accounts, and so does eBullion.

  I personally have promoted the hell out of e-gold.  I have started business that
relly on it, wrote software to facilitate its payments, wrote software to facilitate
its exchange.  But its has become harder and harder to promote it when IMO 80% of its
circulation goes towards something that I would rather not know about (scams, HYIP,
etc..)

     Just my 2 cents,

       Khurram Khan

==