> > if someone smashes an airplane into E-Gold's
> > Servers, you don't get to keep your gold.
>
> Craig,
>
> Of course that is not true as the gold is in vaults around the world
> and e-gold has back-ups!

But do people KNOW that E-Gold has backups??

Note, also, that E-Gold does not keep a 'LIVE' backup. Take the, (not
defunct), CompuBank. I know the person in charge of all of the hardware and
software for CompuBank. They had LIVE, real-time backups, to servers in
Dallas AND California. If someone ran an airplane into their servers, here
in Houston, they would not lose ANY data. E-Gold, however, is not large
enough yet to maintain a LIVE backup off-site. They keep a daily backup
offsite. This means that if an airplane runs into E-Gold's servers, they
would lose the day's business, but would be able to recover the vast
majority of their customers' wealth. All transactions made during the day of
an emergency would be lost.

However, as the price of gold rises, and as the demand for physical gold
grows, E-gold is not keeping pace. This can only mean that people do not
think of e-gold in the same category as real, physical gold. Someday they
will.

Craig

Did you know that e-metal is a wonderful holiday gift? Avoid the hassle this year!