It's not that hard to imagine at all.
I had several employess that "cost" the company nearly that
much per year - when you combine salary and the staggering cost
of benefits - it all adds up very quickly.
Figure in travel costs and just building overhead and a mil a year
is not out of line.

On 10/17/2001 at 2:14 AM Ian Green wrote:

>"CSFB said it would cut 1,000 jobs globally to save $1 billion a
>year"
>
>I am astounded that a company can lose $1 million per employee
>or believe that each employee *costs* a million dollars on average!

Did you know that e-metal is a wonderful holiday gift? Avoid the hassle this year!