Dear Patrick,

The problem Lew has always faced is a paucity of
writers on the huge number of topics he's interested
in seeing material about.  Having written stuff he's
posted before, maybe I should take a crack at this
gold online economy stuff.  Hmm.....

> weren't supposed to act like sheep.

Keep in mind that Lew publishes stuff from lots of
people, not all of them with his exact same politics.

> We need a cambio (MM) that does that.

We are one.  We being Gold Barter Holdings, through our
Cambist.net exchange service.  We are happy to work with
c2it and Yahoo Pay Direct, provided certain verification
information.

There are, of course, risks to such efforts.  But, without
at least some risk-takers in the fold, this online gold
economy isn't going to grow very fast.  There are a
few trillion dollars in credit card money and checking
account money in circulation.  If I understand e-gold's
figures, and figuring another 20% for e-bullion, 10%
more for GoldMoney, and a further 20% of e-gold's total
for all the other currencies, there's only about $24
million in circulation.

Sure it moves fast.  But it isn't a major part of the
world's economy, yet.  Those of us who mean to change
that have to take up the challenge of converting
checking account money and credit card money to gold
backed currencies.

Regards,

Jim
 http://www.two-cents-worth.com/?101468&EG --> hero
 worship isn't for me, but if you've got two
 decigrams of gold you aren't busy with...<grin>

http://www.e-gold.com/stats.html lets you observe the e-gold system's activity now!