From: "Colonel Bosco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> On to other examples...  Your shares of Microsoft,, guess what? Corporate
> Shares have SERIAL NUMBERS.

My broker does not know that I own three specific shares #12038375,
#87289738, and #22703611.  He only knows that I own three shares.

> You may THINK you own the actual shares --- but unless you have them
> delivered and REGISTERED to you,, then you only own a CLAIM to MSFT shares
> in the possession of (and owned by)your broker.

You don't own a claim.  You claim to own.

> QUOTE:
> >Even a grid system does not help you here ...
> ENDQUOTE
>
> Now you are finally seeing the light.  You are EXACTLY RIGHT.... The
system
> DOES NOT EXIST, HASN'T BEEN BUILT, AND ISN'T IN PLACE, that complies with
> the GM patent.

The grid system will never be built because it is pointless.

But if you want a grid system, here's one.

Every day at midnight, the GoldMoney system devises a random mapping of each
physical gold gram (as a cube) to a specific account number, proportional to
account balance.  The mapping is determined by sampling the random noise at
http://random.org.

There's your grid system.  It works because each gold gram is equivalent.

Geoff and James could take the trouble to implement it, but it is pointless.

Now I did read the patent a long time ago, and I don't remember the part
about individually numbering the gold grams.  Would you be so kind as to
direct me to the relevant section?

> QUOTE:
> >That's a damn good question.  If you catch the fake and you know who
bailed
> >in the bar, you can zero out his account if he still has enough grams in
> >the

> Now this is interesting.... Are you saying that there is RISK IN THE GMN
> SYSTEM???

Yes, there is always risk due to fraud, theft, or asteroid strike.  The
patent only mentions eliminating payment risk.  Once you're paid, you stay
paid.  That's it.

By the way, I haven't been arguing for or against the patent.  I've been
arguing that you can own 10,000 gallons of water without putting a serial
number on each drop.

-- Patrick

\nat:pow=(\x\y nat:eq0 y [T] (nat:mul x (nat:pow x (nat:dec y))))