At 6:22 PM -0500 6/2/03, Offshore Team wrote:
>Most online HYIP scams are made WITHIN e-gold not credit cards (credit cards are
>repudiable thus the scammers running the show cannot get
>away with funds most of the time )

This is my point (though your term "within" is totally-inaccurate).
I doubt the scammers have even tried a scam with credit cards.

>You proved my point, the digital gold market is laden with scams - it would do e-gold
>a great service if a repudiable currency took over

And you think a Ponzi "market" could support this? Look, the non-
repudiation feature is the ONLY thing about e-gold these scammers
like! .e-gold.com/unsecure/nonrepudiation.html  this is it!

>this market - and users would feel more comfortable in the knowledge their is the
>possibility of return of funds.

HAR! Good one. "I feel comfortable that these anonymous crooks
can invest better than Warren Buffett of Berkshire Hathaway can,
so I'll give them my money instead of buying shares of Berkshire
Hathaway."

>E-gold even state they hate the HYIP market but they are also one of there biggest
>money earners (transactional volume/frozen funds etc).

WRONG! This is one of the biggest myths out there by the scammers.

e-gold does not freeze accounts without a court order, and it doesn't
benefit from frozen accounts aside from storage fees *ANY* account
would pay. The scams' transactional volume spend fees are dwarfed
by one (let alone an entire team!) salary of the workerS trying to stop
them. One of these scams lasts maybe a week or two, and they hurt
e-gold with spam and by drawing criminals. There is no benefit, that
is why Ponzis see zero value limits ALL the time (NOT "frozen funds"
though!). I know the numbers, and this myth is scammer-BS!! Don't
believe it!!! As for transaction volume, Ponzis don't account for stats
because humans would not have evolved had there been that many
people dimwitted-enough to "invest" in Ponzi schemes. Something
_else_ explains them, as JP and I and others have all discussed.

>> Is that why there are so many "HYIPs" using credit
>cards? Look, folks,
>> wanting these guys to be "honest" is like wanting
>virgin prostitutes!
>
>A repudiable system would counter this as the user would be more prepared to get
>involved with these games if the currency could offer
>the money back guarantee possibility.

And exactly which scammers would use a repudiable system? I
can think only of the ways they'd scam that system, too.

>If the market is there, then this system would certainly help build some confidence
>for the users.

Hell, I WANT the Ponzi-users to lose money, it'll make them go
away and stop spamming! They are confidence men, so for me
confidence in the e-gold system is a BAD thing if they have it! I
even want them to think e-gold will freeze accounts without any
court order, but it's BS of course, they follow their seldom-seen
account user agreement instead.
JMR