> Most online HYIP scams are made WITHIN e-gold not credit cards (credit cards are
repudiable thus the scammers running the show cannot get
> away with funds most of the time )
>
> You proved my point, the digital gold market is laden with scams - it would do
e-gold a great service if a repudiable currency took over
> this market - and users would feel more comfortable in the knowledge their is the
possibility of return of funds. E-gold even state they hate the HYIP market but they
are also one of there biggest money earners (transactional volume/frozen funds etc).

I would make no illusions, reversible e-gold spends will quickly become a favourite
tool of these scammers too.
People will be more easily seduced into joining a HYIP, thinking (or even being
promised) they can get their money back if the scheme collapses.

But reversible spends turn into non repudiable e-gold as soon as the chargeback
period expires, so when the HYIP folds after the chargeback period is over the
victims will find out that they cannot get their money back.
This danger will have to be explained in user agreement (which unfortunately nobody
will read until it's too late)

This is another reason why I am against setting up internal judges in the system,
because before you know it they will be busy sorting out all this rubbish HYIP
scams.
By putting the reponsibility completely with the merchant (scammer in this case),
the HYIP sharks will have to deal with their own dirt.
If the participants in their program push the "Lock Payment" button, it is their
business to resolve the problem.

You see, that's what makes this system so much better than creditcards. The merchant
has to deal with his own problems only.
That means that as an honest user/merchant you are not paying high fees to
compensate for the problems caused by the parasites that your colleagues are
attracting..

Danny