From: "James M. Ray" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "e-gold Discussion" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 6:26 AM
Subject: [e-gold-list] Re: Rebilling idea

> I think this is already possible, with use of the easy URL
> generator at http://sci.e-gold.com combined with sending
> an email monthly/weekly/whenever. For example, if you
> click http://101574-USD10.e-gold.com it goes right to the
> spend page, and tries to give me ten bucks worth of e-gold
> (but please don't click me any gold for this example!).
>
> Sending this link out is easy, but at least one business has
> a history of reliance on the automation of credit cards to
> prevent users from noticing they're paying every month.
> JMR

The problem with this is that it is not secure to log in from an emailed
link.

Also, it's not an acceptable invoice, as it has no invoice number, and no
due date, no description of the goods being paid for and it is not as
confidential as I would like my invoices to be kept.

There is now a new invoice system down under called BPAY view, that sends
your invoice to your bank in electronic form, which you can then log on with
internet banking, view, approve or reject (It might even work with telephone
banking). However it seems to be taking a while for any of the major
billers, or my billers, to adopt, but the idea is fantastic, and should be
copied by e-gold and other digital gold currencies.

David Hillary