> From: Sidd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Graham Kelly wrote:
>> This person wants me to refund the difference in the cost of the e-gold
>> when he delivered it to us, after he cancelled his order, and we refunded
>> him. He gave us $580 USD worth of e-gold, which was returned in *full*,
>> less the DMT transfer fees, plus an apology for the delay. Apparantly,
>> the value of gold reduced by some $13 odd! (Incidently, we would have
>> refunded his e-gold for EXACTLY the same amount had the ecurrency value
>> increased... he could have made $ on the refund!)
>
> The ethical way to deal with a situation like this is to return the
> exact amount of gold by weight to the customer, not the USD value.

It depends. If someone sells their gold for a certain amount of USD, say for
a wire or check, and he later wants a refund, I think it is proper to deal
in USD. The gold was sold at the time of the order and you are now dealing
with dollars.

If the order had been completed, that is the amount of dollars he would have
gotten. You wouldn't want customers canceling because the price of gold went
up and they wish they would have sold later.

I'm not sure in the case of DMT since I'm not that familiar with it. If it
was for a certain amount of -gold- in the DMT system, then the amt. of gold
should be returned.

- John Kyle
---
http://cambist.net