At 2:40 PM -0800 12/3/03, David Beroff wrote:
>Forgive my naivette, but wouldn't the proceeds belong
>to the insurance firm which covered the original wreck?

Well, there are a variety of legal doctrines which apply to
abandoned property, and the law would probably want
to _encourage_ undersea exploration too, but IANAL so I
don't really know. Maybe they could pay the insurance
company $400,000 and tell them to talk to Uncle Sam if
they want to redeem it for metal coins! :)  Anyone?
JMR