Hi Dan McLean,

> WHAT I would like to do next is have the status cgi form
> pay the referral commission automatically by submitting to:
> https://www.e-gold.com/acct/confirm.asp
>
> I've already constructed a stand alone script using the above and tested it.
>
> I just can't seem to figure out how to do that within the status url.

What I would do is use a baggage field to hold the referrer-if-any, and
have the status URL point to a cgi-bin script.  If the referrer checks out
fine, and if the payment has indeed come in, you could initiate the stand-
alone procedure.

Be sure to verify that they payment (just) got in or you will be paying the
fee on payments never made (after all, the success_url is openly visible).
Also make sure that clicking "refresh" on the after-payment page does not
resubmit.

Actually, another approach would be a lot simpler/wiser.  Just record the
baggage field with the referrer in the database (or leave it NULL if you
don't get the baggage field).  Then, whenever you feel like it, you walk
over the MySQL table with these referrals and pay them; while doing so,
you'd be setting the referrer entries to NULL to avoid repeated payments.
This =batch= scheme has the (dis?)advantage that you may (must) enter the
password yourself on all payments.

Cheers,

Rick van Rein
DNS.vanrein.org -- Domain names payable in gold.

---
You are currently subscribed to e-gold-tech as: archive@jab.org

viruses.