hi khurram - comments below.

> Yes you're right.  I didn't think about the automation interface.  If I
> disable that, it tells me that my login info is incorrect.  Is the
> automation interface check also plugged into the SCI?

no the e-gold SCI isn't affected by the "enable automation" attribute.

> On a different note.  Do you think its possible to create a Public Batch
> Number interface?  Its often necessary to prove that you actually paid
> somebody and that interface is not available in the DGC community as far as
> I know.

kind of like a publicly readable transaction? that would be one way to
do it. a way we've thouth about involves providing a signed (PGP or S/MIME)
record of whatever portion of your history you'd like. you could present
this record to whomever you'd like - and also present it back to e-gold
Ltd. as proof of transactions in a dispute. using a standard signature
method would let you check it using third party tools.

comments welcome as always,

jay w.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---