Dear Duarte,

Duarte Dias <duartecdiasp...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hello,

I want to do a program for color detection with the epuck. I want to put a
colored sheet in front of the robot, and it must use the camera to
recognize the color (green, red or yellow). I did some tests with RGB, but
I am having problems since the Image I get, when I place the colored sheets
in front of the robot, are just gray images with just a litle of the right
color, which is more intense in the center (but still very litle). Can this
be improved?

You can try disabling auto white balance and play with some camera parameters (eg brightness); you can find a similar project here http://www.gctronic.com/doc/index.php/RGB_Panel#Videos (code here http://projects.gctronic.com/rgb-panel/epuck-demo4.zip).

Then I remember that could be image saturation, which can be avoided using
YUV, which I think the epuck provides (at least there is a color mode for
it). However, I can't find anywhere the pixel format for the YUV color mode
of the epuck camera. Is it the same of RGB565 (with this I mean 5 bits for
Y, 6 bits for U, 5 bits for V)? Does the camera provide this mode? Is it
reliable enough for this simple task?

The format supported by the e-puck camera is the yuv422; you can find details about the supported output formats in the datasheet http://projects.gctronic.com/E-Puck/docs/Camera/PO6030K.pdf (page 67).

Best regards,

Stefano Morgani