Hi Adam,

On Wed, Oct 7, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Adam Huffman <adam.huff...@crick.ac.uk> wrote:

> Other than checking the code manually, is there a way of tracking why these
> patches were applied? I see there’s a PR, as yet unmerged:

Not really. Our policy these days is that every patch should include a
top comment about what it does, why it is needed and who the author or
source is.

But for an older patch, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. If
it is has been mainlined, the patch_step will simply fail. The easiest
thing to do is just drop it and see if the sanity check passes.

Ward

--
dr. ir. Ward Poelmans
High Performance Computing infrastructure unit